This is one of my “go-to” recipes, like I mentioned in my meal planning tips. It’s also a great recipe to add whatever you have in your fridge. I’ve used rice instead of quinoa before. You can also add any kind of dried fruit, cheese, or vegetables too! This recipe is enough for two peppers and it gives you a little extra for lunch the next day! PERFECT! That’s two meals with one pot!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 large bell peppers, red, yellow, or orange
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 chicken apple sausage, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped red apple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Prepare quinoa as directed, substituting chicken broth for water. Preheat oven to 350
- Cut top of peppers off, remove seeds and veins, and rub peppers with olive oil. Place in baking pan and cook for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in skillet over medium heat and saute sausage until lightly browned
- Add apple and cranberries; cook and stir until fruit is softened, about 5 minutes
- Stir in cooked quinoa and heat through
- Fill peppers with sausage mixture
Fourth Generation Farmgirl
This looks wonderful! I’m going to try it this week. 🙂
Thank you! I hope love it!
Molly in Hawaii
This looks like a great twist on classic stuffed peppers. I can’t wait to try. 😀
Thank you Molly! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!