Super foods unite! This salad is unbelievable! The flavors all blend well together and the avocado sauce has the perfect amount of kick! I really enjoyed making this because it has a lot of my favorite foods to cook and eat! It was the perfect size for two people; my husband and I polished if off!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 avocado, sliced and pitted
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeds and stem removed. You can use more to make it spicy
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Prepare the quinoa as per packed directions. Set aside to cool.
- Spiralize sweet potato onto baking sheet. Season with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Place kale in serving bowl and season with salt. Then massage kale with hands for 1 minute in order to really blend the salt. Whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, juice from 1/2 lime, and lime zest. Drizzle over kale. Set aside.
- Add avocado, 1/2 jalapeño pepper, cilantro leaves, juice from 1/2 a lime, lime zest, and salt to a food processor and blend well.
- Add cooled quinoa to kale, stir to combine. Distribute the kale to plates and top with sweet potato, black beans, and avocado sauce.
Pin for later